Atos Urban Data Platform (AUDP) is the open, interoperable and standar solution of Atos for Smart Cities. It allows integrating and collecting information from sensors and other data sources, normalizing that data and processing it to provide aggregated and intelligent views of row data to support the decision making.
AUDP is powered by FIWARE technology, which is is an open source components framework to access and manage heterogeneous context information through APIs. It relies on NGSI standard (Next Generation Service Interface) for the exchange of context information. It provides a set of Functional blocks called Generic Enablers to build smart solutions from context information. Atos is Member of FIWARE Foundation since 2016. The FF has currently more than 190 members across the world, and its mission is to maintain, evolve, globalize and support the industrialization of FIWARE.
The main functionalities of AUDP are:
- Collect information from the environment, through sensors or open data sources, mobile devices u other sources fulfilling the security and privacy requirements.
- Full management of all IoT devices integrated in the platform
- Normalize the collected data to the NGSI format, translating from source formats and different protocols to the platform data models
- Distribute the normalized data to the diverse vertical services connected to the platform (air quality, traffic management, lighting, etc)
- Real time data analysis, to support the decision making
- Visualization of data in a graphical and visual way through maps, graphics, alarms, etc
- Data provisioning for developing on services from them
- Triggering of actions or actuations according to some defined rules and analyzed data
- Secured access control to devices, data and services
AUDP is addressing one of the main demanding type of solutions by cities and customers: the aggregation of data from diverse information sources (sensors, social networks, open data portals, historical data, management systems and many more) to developed context-aware applications and provide smart services to citizens, municipalities and business companies. AUDP is following a commonly adopted approach by many cities and IT provides in the world by realying in NGSI standar, which is currently providing the unique standar API to access context information. The integration of diverse technologies to provide business intelligence, efficient management of IoT devices, context managament of data, advance visualization of analized data and overall security approach is positioning Atos as a good IT provider for your smart city challenge. Atos is also providing the cities and customer the analysis of the use cases and business scenarios which may provide a better response to their needs and provide an addedd value and better service to the citizens and users.
The solution is of easy integration with any external system via API (ERPs, issue management systems, etc); deployable both in cloud and on premise, according to customer’s needs; and replicable and customizable to each customer’s requirements. AUDP is realying on consolidated open source technologies in the market which facilitates the adoption and lower the maintenance costs and prevent the vendor lock-in as the AUDP is delivered under open source as well. The support to the open source components from FIWARE is guaranteed by the FIWARE Foundation and Atos is providing full support to the AUDP platform, keeping the evolution of the technology up to date. Thanks to the modularity of the platform architecture, a future extension to adapt it to new scenarios or to add new functionalities would be quite straighforward. The platform is scalable according to the volume of sensors, data and services to provide the required level of service.