Massive genomics and the generation of biomedical data are producing a large amount of data that has led into Bioinformatics, which is a multidisciplinary field involving computer science, mathematics, biomedicine and, statistics, with the aim of processing, analyzing and extracting knowledge.
Bioinformatics is opening many possibilities for the development of multiple fields. We are working with several technologies and technological trends, such as:
- Cloud Computing and Big Data to provide scalable infrastructures for managing massive amounts of genomic data.
- HPC for the execution of complex biological models.
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning:
- Markow's hidden models for DNA / RNA sequencing
- Bayesian Neural Networks, Deep Neural Networks for recognition and classification of partners
- Support vector machines for classification of disease/patient/ case
- K-means and other grouping algorithms for grouping/grouping
- Algorithms based on fuzzy logic for gene sequencing
- Text mining for data annotation
Bioinformatics has multiple applications in the domains of medical research, microbial genome, antibiotic resistance, molecular/precision/personalize medicine, gene therapy, drug development, waste/cleanup biotechnology, agriculture, aquaculture, farming, veterinary and insect resistance, among others.
Atos Portfolio is being strengthened by the research on Bioinformatics and the development of tools developed in European Projects focusing on biomedicine as a result, we bring:
- Expertise in R, Phyton, Matlab, Octave, among others for genomics analysis
- Expertise in the biomedicine domain.
- Partners network in the biomedical community.
- Shifting to big data/cloud paradigm.