Blockchain Research Line coordinates ARI research activity related to distributed ledger technologies, be it research on the technologies themselves, improvements, linking with other technologies, and also research about applications of blockchain in specific vertical markets, or in relation to other technologies or solutions. Coordination means to be aware of any action and decide when conflict of interest arises.
The main objective of the Research Line is acting as a reference point:
- Within ARI: identifying, tracking and monitoring all blockchain activities being carried out under the umbrella of ARI. Furthermore, it'll provide resources, technical support and advice to all initiatives involved in distributed ledger technology.
- Out of ARI: be the main contact point regarding blockchain activities in ARI toward ARI partners in H2020 projects.
In Gartner's Hype Cycle for Emerging Technologies 2018, blockchain technology is about to enter the third phase of the cycle: the "Through of Disillusionment" which provides the technology a madurity level where it's widely understood, surviving the products and initiatives really worthy and placed beyond the initial hype of the early adopters.
The plateau of productivity will be reached in 5 to 10 years, when the technology becomes mainstream enough to pay off market applicability and relevance.
According to Gartner insights, "Blockchain technologies promise new economic, business, social and technological models that can pervasively impact business and society. Enterprise architecture and technology innovation leaders must understand the implications to exploit this disruptive, but immature, technology." Is in our hand the development and the model of this flourishing technology in Atos' products, solutions and industries that conform our portfolio.
Here is a brief overview of Atos' portfolio solutions, products and industries with strong links and potential relations with distributed ledger technologies:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Defense and Mission Critical
- Enterprise servers
- High Performance Computing (HPC)
- Integrated Systems
- Data Center Applications & Transformation
- Quantum Learning Machine
- Application Transformation and Management
- Atos Business Accelerators
- Atos Canopy Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud
- Atos CODEX, Insight-driven Outcomes
- Atos Digital Transformation Factory
- Atos Digital Workplace
- Atos Syntel
- Automation and Robotics
- Cyber Security
- Digital Customer Experience
- Digital Payments and e-Transactions
- Industry 4.0
- Other Key Solutions
- Central government
- Consumer packaged goods
- Discrete Manufacturing
- Life sciences
- Local government and cities
- Sports & major events