The Manufacturing & Retail sector has a deep experience and capacity in multiple areas: design and integration of Collaborative Platforms (i.e for Meta-Products development covering communication tools, PLM, ERP, ALM, PMS, etc.), deployment and management of Manufacturing solutions on the cloud, data acquisition from shop floor making use of smart objects.
Those solutions are developed mainly in the scope of Internet of Things (IoT) oriented to Manufacturing Ecosystems. They consider subsequent integration of data with different systems (consumers), customized application platforms for development, Big Data applied to manufacturing and security.
The retail sector is one of the biggest users of ICT, and thus a driver for innovation. It has a major role to play in the development of a sustainable economy and also in allowing citizens to face the current economic downturn by giving them easy access to affordable and good quality consumables.
We are interested in developing new solutions for a range of activities covering manufacturing processes, the factories of the future approach, food tracking & traceability, improvement of retailer business processes and client satisfaction through better information strategies.
The main goal is to help companies, in particular SMEs, to adapt to global competitive pressures by improving the technological base of manufacturing and retail across a broad range of sectors. This sector applies new IT advances to address the challenges and opportunities deriving from:
- The complex and globalized nature of manufacturing systems.
- The reduction in manufacturing timescales and acceleration of technological innovation.
- The growing need for sustainable, resource-efficient production.
- Food traceability and food chain integrity.
- Production flow improvement - lean factories.
- New channels to provide the right information to customers while preserving their privacy and trust.
- Branding management and its impact on manufacturing process.
- To identify research opportunities from national and international bodies aligned to Atos' commercial divisions needs.
- Technology transfer to improve Atos solutions.
- Exploitation activities to steer the research towards market needs and to exploit research results.
- Commercial projects to final customers, including R&D support.
- To develop Collaborative and Scalable Platform for Data visualization and analytics.
- To improve innovation activity. New ideas have to be transformed into new products and processes.
- Better knowledge of the context in the manufacturing process through any kind of sensor to support decisions thus optimizing the full process and resources consumed.
- Ensure the food chain integrity (“from farm to fork”) through tracking and traceability.
- To optimize retailer processes and its client satisfaction: Smart labels management, consumer geolocation, iBeacons and wearable technologies.
- Consumer apps. development, App store, marketplace, payment systems. Back office for applications development and for applications commercialization.
Many of the manufacturing companies are SMEs and only a few of them have the research capacity and the financial potential to implement high-risk innovative manufacturing technologies.
- Sustainable, resource-efficient manufacturing.
- Production technology to exploit the potential of emerging technologies (in particular novel bio- and nano-technologies).
- Leveraging simulation and modeling techniques to address manufacturing challenges.
- Interoperability of the value chain IT systems and support to collaborative decision.
- Flexible, rapidly responsive production systems for customized manufacturing.
- Smart agrifood: Food chain integrity, making certain that food is traceable, safe to eat, high quality and genuine.
- New product information channels using mobile devices for supermarket clients.
Policy makers are aware of the potential of manufacturing innovation to contribute to tackling social, economic and environmental challenges such as healthcare, sustainability, and mobility.
The creation of cloud-enabled tools for supporting the supply network optimization of manufacturing and logistic assets based on collaborative demand, production and delivery plans.
Creation of a digital automation framework that optimizes the manufacturing processes by exploiting existing data, knowledge and tools to increase productivity and dynamically adapt to changing market requirements.
Development of methodologies, tools and platforms for the design and production of personalized meta-products & services, combining wearable sensors embedded into garment with mobile and cloud computing.
Project building on the highly successful Fortissimo project, part of the IM4S cluster bringing HPC and related services and expertise to new sectors and in particular SMEs.
Support to the community of innovative ICT SMEs and web-entrepreneurs to develop FIWARE based applications with high market potential, addressing the needs of the agricultural sector
Development and qualification of Adaptive Cooperative Human-Machine Systems where several humans and machines act together, cooperatively, in a highly adaptive way.
Integration of a commercial-grade and new, hybrid automatic speaker verification (ASV) systems with the latest environmental robustness and anti-spoofing technologies to deliver a scalable, trusted biometric authentication service (TBAS).
Research on future onsite maintenance and repair of aircraft by integrated direct digital manufacturing & development of a new set of technologies to maximize the benefits of 3D printing systems and bring further flexibility to produce parts at the right place and time.
Development of a platform for the integration of Cyber-Physical Production Systems and the smart exploitation of the information and knowledge for advanced manufacturing