The Public Administration Sector builds on the results of previous research in the eGovernment and Education areas and encompasses three complementary perspectives:
- Helping the public administrations to to provide more efficient and effective public services to citizens and businesses.
- Developing solutions to enhance learning such as learning at the workplace, collaborative learning, learning at school, higher education, accessible learning, authoring tools and adaptive learning.
- Developing smart cities infrastructures that offer added-value services to citizens in order to cope with societal challenges as well as to enable business services.
- Research, design and development of ICT tools that support public sector administrative processes in order to deliver seamless and faster public services.
- Adoption of emerging technologies that support new demands for services and contents in education.
- Design and deployment of new ICT tools and integration of existing technologies that allow emerging smart cities to offer sustainable and added-value services to the citizens.
- Management of market-driven projects.
- Promotion of project results to Atos customers in the Public and Education sector.
- Integration of research results into the public administration legacy systems.
- Definition and assessment of new and efficient services for Smart cities, focused on convergence of physical and virtual infrastructures, and citizen participation.
- Development of ICT tools that implement more efficient services with special focus on interoperability, cross-organizational flows, big and open data, cloud for public administrations, and smart cities.
- Development of ICT tools with strong education orientation focused on personalization, student experience and lifecycle management, contextualized eLearning.
- Elaboration of plans for the exploitation of research project result.
- Identification and execution of new business opportunities inthe Public and Education sector in line with innovative key offerings.
- Single European administrative space: Implement the vision of seamless cross-organizational and cross-border services through adoption of technologies such as SOA (Service Oriented Architectures), semantic technologies, etc.
- More for less: Explore solutions, constraints and applicability for clouds of public services and open source.
- Sustainable IT: Explore the role of public administration as an early adopter of technologies such as migration to IPv6, Green IT etc.
- Open government: Releasing public data and using linked data techniques to help people understand how government works and how policies are made.
- Explore how public administrations can leverage big data techniques to save money in operational efficiency. Harnessing big data in the Public sector has enormous potential.
- Connected government: Explore possibilities of internet of things in order to improve efficiency and enable transformation of e-government processes.
- Competition between educational institutions turns students into clients. Learning environments based on serious games, education applications for mobile devices.
- Development, deployment and validation of sustainable and ICT-enabled added value services in smart cities, by leveraging existing technologies (i.e. Internet of Things, Social Networks, cloud,..) in different areas of activity with high potential benefit, such as energy efficiency and supply networks, mobility and transport, efficient resource management, innovative services and citizen participation.
- Cross border authentication that allows citizens to access eGovernment services inside and outside their home country by using their national eID.
- Involvement of citizens in policy-making processes through innovative non-intrusive technologies such as social networks and virtual worlds.
- Participation of citizens in the policy development process and harmonization of policies across governmental levels (e.g. immigration policy).
- Implementation of web 2.0 governmental sites that allow interactive information sharing, interoperability and the dynamic collaboration of different kinds of users.
- User-centric design and living labs.
- Adaptive learning experience for students, collaborative learning environments, learning/training strategies, platforms to support learning processes and training.
The mission of BDVe is to support the Big Data Value PPP in realizing a vibrant data-driven EU economy or said in other words, BDVe will support the implementation of the PPP to be a SUCCESS.
Big Policy Canvas fosters collaboration among public sector stakeholders and offers a solid knowledge base and towards building a more evidence-based public sector, promoting transparency and restoring trust to public sector structures.
Provision of a software relying on the FIWARE open platform for crawling, collecting and rendering on a map valuable data at urban scale as well as rapidly developing urban services.
Development of a conceptual Smart Cities Information Framework, which consists of a platform and data provision and processing services to integrate data, workflows, and processes in applications relevant for Smart Cities.
Integrated platform which provide capabilities for adaptive learning, automatic feedback, automatic assessment of learner’s progress and behavioral state, affective learning and game-based learning.
Creation of new or inter-connect existing state-of-the art teaching labs and building a pan-European learning network platform that supports fast dissemination of learning content to a wide audience in a ubiquitous manner.
Creation, piloting and sharing of good practices, guidelines and training materials that improve awareness and practical performance in university-industry-society interfacing schemes especially affected by Science 2.0 and open innovation.
It will deliver an innovative methodological framework for public sector organizations to accelerate its transformation through the identification, analysis and take-up of emerging technologies that hold the potential to transform public services.
A cloud enabled framework on various infrastructures with a set of services related to public bodies, opening new horizons in the secure and private migration, adaptation, governance and development of public cloud services.