This research line has a bi-dimensional focus on general learning research concerns (vertical axis) and training and motivational support for domain specific applications (horizontal axis). It aims at developing innovative solutions to address:
- Latest and general educational challenges with the provision of technology support systems for formal, informal, no formal learning approaches.
- Educational/training, pervasive and inclusive issues of the different applications or solutions created by the other ARI labs and sectors, in terms of:
- Optimized operations and services to foster motivation and creativity through continuous awareness of learners and their location and status.
- Effective communication and interaction between human-wearable devices; continuous biological monitoring, etc.
Learning Analytics as application of Big Data + Business Intelligence approach in educational settings with the purposes of understanding and optimizing learning and the environments where the learning occurs. It provides support the personalization, progress monitoring and generation of recommendations for improvements in the learning contents and process designs as well as the individual performance.
Game based applications, such as Gamification, Virtual world, Simulations as mechanisms to foster the engagement, productivity as well as the development of high level skills like critical thinking, problem solving, creativity or soft skills. Such type of applications facilitates higher levels of participants’ (learners) involvement in the planned activities through exploration, experimentation, competition or co-operation.
Technologies to support inclusion and accessibility in learning/interactive processes: Applications based on Wearable technologies and Human Machine Interfaces which facilitate the acquisition of information about learners with special needs (or not) to allow the personalization of their learning activities and their integration in the educational process.
Context-aware technologies which leverage information about the end user to improve the quality of his interaction anticipating immediate needs and proactively offering enriched, situation-aware and usable content, functions and experiences. Technologies to gather information about the user and context of his interaction.
Social Networks and SNA: Social networking tools to foster the collaboration anytime, anywhere as means to support knowledge sharing and understanding, placing individuals at the center of the network. Social Network Analysis especially to address the study of user attributes, behavior and location-based interactions.
Several years of experience of research related to:
- Learning and Instructional Design, Computer-supported Collaborative work, Game-based learning, Usability, Formal models for knowledge representation and application of emerging technologies in different research and development projects tackling Technology Enhanced Learning challenges (Projects EMMA, HOTEL, GALA, IntelLEO, STELLAR).
- Solutions to enhance and ensure the Usability and Accessibility of learning applications (Projects EU4ALL, AgentDYSL).
- Training solutions and support for applications in different knowledge domains: Crisis Management (DRIVER), Health care (VERITAS).
- Human machine interfaces and context aware applications (Astute, Holides).
Active participation in international learning networks (JTEL; EATEL; SGS) and national networks (eMadrid).
Our involvement in different research and development projects related to User and learning experience and their outcomes are aligned with different Atos areas of interest. This alignment allows us to provide of support and references for technology and knowledge transfer to existing Atos clients and new business opportunities, such as
- Collaborations in the preparation of new project proposals for Public Sector and Education market.
- Contributions to the definitions of Training and Gamification approaches to be applied in:
- Banking and Consulting
- Health care