Open and interoperable agricultural specialized platform hub on the cloud for the management of spatial and non-spatial data relevant for farming production.
FOODIE project aims at:
- building an open and interoperable agricultural specialized platform hub on the cloud for the management of spatial and non-spatial agriculture related data from heterogeneous sources;
- integrating existing and valuable European open datasets related to agriculture;
- linking of data publication with data from external agriculture data sources, through an Application Programming Interface (API);
- providing specific and high-value applications and services for the support in the planning of a decision-making proces
ses of different stakeholders groups;
- providing a marketplace where data can be discovered and exchanged and external companies can publish their own agricultural application based on the data, services and applications provided by FOODIE.
FOODIE concepts and objectives will be realized by means of the resulting service platform hub, which will be demonstrated in three different pilot scenarios across Europe: Precision Viticulture (Spain); Open Data for Strategic and Tactical Planning (Czech Republic); and Farm management including traceability (Germany).