The Information Technologies (IT) sector addresses the IT market, including software companies, solutions integrators and software consultants.
This sector is strongly linked to the Next Generation Cloud Lab, Intelligent Autonomous Robots and Systems and Software Engineering research lines. While the lab and research line concentrate on research projects and most of the technological developments, the sector is more focused on innovation and technology transfer projects. It also provides the required support for the management of the projects and the exploitation of research results.
The sector has a twofold objective: on one hand, fostering the adoption and transfer of emerging technologies surrounding Cloud and Edge Computing, Software and Service Engineering, Digital Platforms and Robotics to Atos business units, to allign the research activity with customers' needs, providing added value solutions to be included in the company's portfolio; and on the other hand, promoting the use of produced R&D assets in the IT sector-related market.
- Research and development activities dealing with IT challenges, through the active participation in market-driven R&D projects.
- Collaboration with related Atos Business Units to collect requirements and provide them results and components from R&D projects.
- Transfer the obtained research results to Atos, through Business Development, Scientific Community, Centers of Excellence and Market Leaders.
- Developing support actions to create roadmaps and research agendas for challenges in the domain of ICT, with focus on cloud, robotics and software engineering.
- Implementation of Computing Continuum concept by research in Cloud Integration, Multi-cloud, Edge Computing and Swarm Computing
- Efficient management of IoT, Edge and Cloud, providing a significant step toward massively distributed computing models
- Software Engineering techniques for software modelling and development, with focus on self-adaptive software in complex systems
- Digital Platforms for the Future Internet, by using FIWARE as baseline technology, to different verticals in Smart Cities, Smart Industry, Health, and others
- Use of Artificial Intelligence techniques (by adding an adaptive control layer) to tame the complexity arising from the interplay between IoT, connected homes and cars, autonomous robots and cloud and edge computing; and allow organisations managing operations through real-time data-driven decisions and natural human-computer interaction
- Deployment of Open Source models, development and processes
The sector's research activities are focused on being an active part of the future roadmaps definition in different domains (Future Internet, Green IT, Services, Cloud, Software Engineering, AI, Robotics, Big Data, IoT etc) materialized through the participation in several initiatives and platforms such as PLANETIC, NESSI, BDVA, EIT Digital, among others. While the lab and research lines are more focused on research in the short-mid term, the sector participates in the definition of a longer term view, driving the principal market needs towards the lab.
Set of methods, tools and techniques that facilitate the transformation and modernization of legacy software assets and businesses.
Tool for helping developers to test and validate complex distributed systems, based on three principles: test orchestration, instrumentation and monitoring, and test recommendation.
Development of applications and services based on FIWARE platform which has demonstrated its potential of becoming a service platform of choice.
Extending the benefits of Big Data Analytics to Multi-Cloud environments offering innovative functionalities with regards to security, scalability and fault-tolerance.
Scalable model-based framework for continuous development and runtime validation of complex systems.
Spanish technology platform for the adoption and promotion of electronic, communication and information technologies.
Provision of two SLA reference models for cloud computing: one for cloud SLA legal contracts, and the other for technical SLA specifications.
Platform to deploy services exploiting aggregated open data from smart cities, providing methodologies to homogenize heterogeneous open data and data services, analytics to predict patterns and make recommendations.
Advanced research in automatic test generation, by pushing automation in DevOps one step further, and reusing existing assets to generate more test cases and configurations when the application is updated. It brings amplification services at unit level, configuration level and production stage.
Feedback-driven approach for software life cycle management, with the ultimate purpose of improving users’ quality of experience.
Harmonized ecosystem for IoT-enabled smart city solutions where IoT device manufacturers, system integrators and solution providers can innovate and openly compete.