The Information Technologies (IT) sector addresses the IT market, including software companies, solutions integrators and software consultants.
This sector is strongly linked to the "Next Generation Cloud" Lab and "Software Engineering" formal research line. While the lab and research line concentrate on research projects and most of the technological developments, the sector is more focused on innovation and technology transfer projects. It also provides the required support for the management of the projects and the exploitation of research results.
The sector has a twofold objective: on one hand, fostering the adoption and transfer of emerging technologies surrounding Cloud and Edge Computing, Software and Service Engineering, Digital Platforms and recently Robotics to Atos business units. This goal allows further alignment of the research activity in these technologies with customers' needs, providing added value solutions to be included in the company's portfolio. On the other hand, promoting the use of produced R&D assets in the IT sector-related market.
- Research and development activities dealing with IT challenges. This is mainly done through the active participation in market-driven R&D projects with cloud/edge technologies, service and software engineering, digital collaborative platforms following as much as possible an open source approach.
- Collaboration with related Atos Business Units to collect requirements and provide them results and components from R&D projects.
- Transfer the obtained research results to Atos, through Business Development, Scientific Community, Centers of Excellence and Market Leaders.
- Developing support actions to create roadmaps and research agendas for future challenges in the domain of ICT, with special focus on cloud, robotics and software engineering.
- Implementation of Computing Continuum concept by research in Cloud Integration, Multi-cloud, Edge Computing and Swarm Computing
- Efficient and intelligent management of IoT, Edge and Cloud, providing a significant step toward massively distributed computing models
- Software Engineering techniques for software modelling and development, with especial focus on self-adaptive software in complex and pervasive systems
- Digital Platforms for the Future Internet, by using FIWARE as baseline technology, potentially customizable to different verticals in Smart Cities, Smart Industry, Health, and others
- Use of Artificial Intelligence (by adding an adaptive control layer) to tame the complexity arising from the interplay between IoT, connected homes and cars, autonomous robots and cloud and edge computing
- By using AI, allow organisations managing operations through real-time data-driven decisions and natural human-computer interaction
- Deployment of Open Source models, development and processes whenever possible
The research topics mainly addressed by the included research lines (software engineering, digital platforms and robotics) and lab are shared with the sector as well. The sector's research activities are focused on being an active part of the future roadmaps definition in different domains (Future Internet, Green IT, Services, Cloud, Software Engineering, AI, Robotics, Big Data, IoT etc) materialized through the participation in several initiatives and platforms (PLANETIC, NESSI, BDVA, EIT Digital, European Open Science, Digitising Industry in Europe, clusters, etc). While the lab and research lines are more focused on research in the short-mid term, the sector participates in the definition of a longer term view. The sector is also the driver of the market needs towards the lab. In this way the lab and research lines are aligned with Atos markets needs.
Set of methods, tools and techniques that facilitate the transformation and modernization of legacy software assets and businesses.
Will deliver a tool for helping developers to test and validate complex distributed systems. Its platform is based on three principles: Test orchestration: Combining intelligently testing units for creating a more complete test suite following the “divide and conquer” principle; Instrumentation and monitoring: Customizing the SuT (Subject under Test) infrastructure so that it reproduces real-world operational behavior and allowing to gather relevant information during testing; Test recommendation: Using machine learning and cognitive computing for recommending testing actions and providing testers with friendly interactive facilities for decision taking.
FIWARE platform which has demonstrated its potential of becoming a service platform of choice. FI-NEXT project is to put in place all the measures necessary in order to make FIWARE materializing such a potential.
Extending the benefits of Big Data Analytics to Multi-Cloud environments offering innovative functionalities with regards to security, scalability and fault-tolerance.
An scalable model-based framework for continuous development and runtime validation of complex systems.
Spanish technology platform for the adoption and promotion of electronic, communication and information technologies.
Provision of two SLA reference models for cloud computing: one for cloud SLA legal contracts, and the other for technical SLA specifications.
Its main goal is to create a platform to deploy and interoperate services by exploiting aggregated open data from smart cities. The project provides methodologies to homogenize heterogeneous open data and data services, perform analysis and aggregation of data analytics services to predict patterns and make recommendations, as well as to facilitate services deployment.
Leveraging advanced research in automatic test generation, aims at pushing automation in DevOps one step further through innovative methods of test amplification. It will reuse existing assets (test cases, API descriptions, dependency models), in order to generate more test cases and test configurations each time the application is updated. Acting at all steps of development cycle, it will bring amplification services at unit level, configuration level and production stage.
Feedback-driven approach for software life cycle management, with the ultimate purpose of improving users’ quality of experience.
Will deliver a harmonized ecosystem for IoT-enabled smart city solutions where IoT device manufacturers, system integrators and solution providers can innovate and openly compete.