Support the Big Data Value PPP in realizing a vibrant data-driven EU economy and contribute to the implementation of the PPP.
Its mission is to support the Big Data Value PPP in realizing a vibrant data-driven EU economy or, in other words, support the implementation of the PPP to be a SUCCESS. Behind that mission, there are multiple goals to achieve, which should be taken into full consideration when defining the directions of the PPP. Some of the most challenging ones are: (1) achieving a more competitive landscape of European Big Data providers, leading to bigger market share; (2) creating the context for a more competitive EU industry (transport, manufacturing, public sector, agrifood, media, energy…) in the advent of a data-driven revolution where many traditional players will have to transform their processes and re-think their business if they want to remain competitive –or in some cases, just to survive-; (3) ensuring the sustainability of the investments and actions triggered by the PPP. BDVe has broken down those high-level goals into seven major priorities for the project:
- Being accurately informed about most important facts in Big Data so we have a solid basis to support the decision-making process in the PPP
- Supporting the implementation of the Big Data PPP from an operational point of view
- Developing a vibrant community around the PPP
- Supporting the development of a European network of infrastructures and centers of excellence around Big Data
- Setting-up a professional Communications strategy
- Setting up a framework that supports the acceleration of data-driven businesses
- Ensuring the sustainability of the investments and actions triggered by the PPP.