Our mission is to support the evolution and transformation of this field from an asset approach towards a most efficient, open, inclusive, innovative and data-driven environment, through the provision of the right tools, platforms, and methodologies. In addition, digitalization plays a key role and, in many cases, it is out of the traditional area of expertise of energy actors, so the adoption of emerging and well-adopted technologies such as IoT, Blockchain, AI, among other state-of-the-art technologies, demands the definition of proper business cases to pave the way to introducing innovation into a traditional sector.
The evolution of a traditional sector demands the coexistence of emerging and legacy solutions, standards for communication at the lower layer and preparation of the data to be analyzed. Platforms should be designed to fit into the reality of the energy sector and be prepared for addressing the coming challenges. By developing FUSE (Framework for Utilities and Services) to foster the collaboration among different energy vectors (power, gas, heat …), the vision is to reduce integration problems while keeping under control data sharing and interaction among different actors.
Our key asset is the FUSE platform, based on open standards and open APIs to support interoperability, modularity, scalability and also funnel an inclusive energy ecosystem. Main challenges are:
- Management of data heterogeneity and its preparation for service development.
- Sustainable integration of electric vehicles in cities and the management of energy flows to address their charging needs
- Management of Distributed energy resources to optimize grid operation and maintenance activities
- Customer segmentation based on consumption patterns
- Cross-energy vector collaboration to maximize the renewable generation capacity, promote self-consumption and reduce the dependence on fossil fuels.