Promoting innovative technologies for the protection of citizens, goods and infrastructures
We aim to encourage the adoption of emerging technologies by the industry and public institutions in the defense and security arena, and especially in the homeland security field. Part of our mission is also to identify business opportunities for Atos when these involve issues such as crisis management, emergency services, protection of citizens, goods and infrastructures, border surveillance and management or ICT support for law enforcement.
We are working towards fostering EU excellence by identifying links between the EU Common Foreign and Security Policy (CFSP), with emerging technologies, to explore “dual use” technologies such as defense tech applicable in civil security, and to deliver more for less including cloud-based solutions, data and info sharing, etc.
In addition, we aim at avoiding duplication and pool resources by allowing interoperability and collaboration among Homeland, Security and Defence organizations which are immersed in the development of NATO, EDA or other EU cooperation frameworks.
Our values focus on:
- Innovation in Crisis Management, Resilience and Emergency services.
- Protection and Surveillance of Critical Infrastructures and Systems.
- Technologies and Processes for Border Control Management.
- Decision Support Systems applied to security.
- Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear related IT solutions.
- Complex event processing, different mining technologies (data, link, opinion, audio…), data and context fusion, and visual analytics.
- Design, modeling, and simulation of forward-looking scenarios.
- Automatic image processing and recognition in high demanding scenarios.