The main goal is to encourage the adoption of emerging technologies in the Public Administration sector to help public administrations at all levels to deliver more efficient and effective public services in line with the needs and demands of citizens and businesses or organizations.
The main challenge is to help the Member States and Public Administrations at all levels implement the eGovernment Action Plan 2016-2020:
- Single European administrative space: Implement the vision of seamless cross-organizational and cross-border services through adoption of technologies.
- Sustainable IT: Explore the role of public administration as an early adopter of disruptive technologies such as blockchain, artificial intelligence, HPC, big data, IoT, etc.
The implementation of the Digital Education Plan is the second challenge of the Public Administration sector in order to provide tools that support technology-use and digital competence development in education.
- ICT tools that implement more efficient services with special focus on interoperability, cross-organizational flows; HPC, big and open data, cloud for public administrations and blockchain;
- ICT enabled solutions to address the challenge of migrant integration;
- Framework for the assessment of the viability of potential innovation solutions for the public sector
- Roadmap with actions needed towards achieving the expected impacts for the public sector and the society at large
- ICT tools with strong education orientation focused on personalization, student experience, lifecycle management, and contextualized eLearning