FUSE (Framework for Utilities and Services) is an innovative solution offered by Atos to prosumers, micro-grid/ building operators, utilities or mobility and infrastructure managers, with the objective of providing energy management autonomy to every stakeholder.
With focus on the replicability among different energy vectors (power, gas, heat…), FUSE aims to reduce the integration problems while keeping under control data sharing and interaction among different actors.
The market is evolving. The traditional linear model where companies generate, transport, distribute and just get revenue out of electricity bills is moving towards a circular model, where the user begins to have the tools to break into this process and get involved in any of its phases. A complex environment with different actors involved, where everyone focuses on the same goal, but have their own functions, requirements and characteristics on the way towards a sustainable future.
In this context, FUSE makes available the latest technologies (FIWARE, Big Data, AI, IoT or Blockchain) to go one step further towards sustainability while offering a powerful software platform that provides network visibility and control, process automation and business collaboration for solutions across the energy and utility value chain.
FUSE is an open source framework that enables the integration of devices at the edge by fully exploiting the available data from local and distributed energy resources to build value-added services for the several user profiles. By integrating the latest technologies, the framework offers various transversal services that allow a 360º management of the energy process:
- Connectivity: The primary goal is to digitalise all energy assets owned by the platform user so that it can provide seamless observability and easy management, allowing so the automatization of processes and the decision-making process.
- Data processing software working with data enablers and visualization & operational datastore enables FUSE to provide statistics as well as the analysis capacity. This basic processing allows decision-making either for utilities, for individual users or for Smart Grids Operators.
- The previous technologies along with the monitoring and real-time data allow to customers the possibility of anticipating market variations or energy price oscillation.
- Resources booking: IoT devices enable the user to manage and access the connected energy devices, such as charging point infrastructures or electric mobility services.
- Clustering. Customer segmentation and profiling are enabled through this service. This facilitates the interaction with end-users and allows a service offered in a modular way at different depth levels, adapting to every several users and requirements.
- User profiling. Depending on each users' needs, FUSE scales to these requirements to provide personalised services.
FUSE integrates the latest solutions and technologies to facilitate efficiency and sustainability, paving the way to the envisaged digitalization and transformation of the sector:
- FUSE puts Big Data and Data analysis to create a more predictable environment where the user can make the most of natural resources using their own energy.
- Big Data technologies and the use of Machine Learning tools also allow measuring the energy consumption and planning the expenditure moments in an automated way .
- Energy trading: Thanks to the information provided and the opening of the market by the European Union, small and medium-sized power generators will be able to sell their generated energy surplus through FUSE.