FlexiGrobots is an Innovation Action aiming to build a platform for flexible heterogeneous multi-robot systems for intelligent automation of precision agriculture operations, providing multiple benefits to farmers around the world.
FlexiGroBots addresses the growing market needs for new robotic technologies and their adoption by ensuring efficient automation of precision agriculture operations and flexible use of multi-robot systems. FlexiGroBots envisions an open platform integrating and leveraging existing technology platforms and components, digital transformation initiatives and ecosystems, and reference models and standards. The benefits it will provide are:
- More versatility by using the same robots for different observation and intervention tasks within various missions throughout the crop life cycle
- More cooperation between ground and aerial robots to accomplish complex missions
- More data to power into AI-driven agricultural operations, taken from a variety of sources and shared between Agri-Food industry stakeholders
- More autonomy for real-time adaption of mission plans and robots’ fine-grained behaviour at crop level considering operational conditions and real-time insights
- More precision in agricultural operations to carry out specific tasks with advanced accuracy for reducing costs and environmental footprint
Atos is the coordinator of FlexiGroBots, involving three different teams specialised in various domains related to AI, ML, Computer Vision, robotics, EO data, among others.
We actively participate in the requirements analysis and architecture work while also coordinating the development of the platform and specific capabilities on robotic mission control, computer vision, and application of geospatial data.
Finally, we are the communication manager of FlexiGroBots.