NEMO establishes itself as the gamechanger of the AIoT-edge-cloud continuum by introducing an open source, modular and cybersecure meta-operating system, leveraging on existing technologies and introducing novel concepts, methods, tools, testing and engagement campaigns.
This project will bring intelligence closer to the data and make AI-as-a-Service an integral part of network self-organisation and micro-services execution orchestration. Its widespread penetration and massive acceptance will be achieved via new technology, pre-commercial exploitation components and liaison with open-source communities.
NEMO expected technological innovations will be:
- Full stack, fully configurable, cloud-native, data aware meta-OS
- Intelligence closer to data/make AI integral part of meta-OS.
- Self-Organized/Healing Network Clusters/5G/6G Integration.
- Cybersecure micro-Service Secure Execution Environment (mSEE)
- SLO/EE based self-optimized meta-Orchestrator.
- ZeroOps Plug-in mechanism.
- Cybersecurity, Privacy Compliance & Federated Machine Learning verticals.
The project will cooperate with the other retained RIA projects -such as ICOS or NEPHELE- addressing the same topic (HORIZON-CL4-2021-DATA-01-05) in order to exploit results and synergies, maximize impacts of the Cloud-Edge-IoT project portfolio and coordinate dissemination activities. In addition, ICOS will contribute to the consolidation and coherence work to be implemented by the two CSAs related, OpenContinuum and Unlock-CEI (HORIZON-CL4-2021-DATA-01-07)
Atos is the coordinator of this project, leads WP3 (NEMO Kernel Space) and also contributes to other technical work packages.
WP3 aims to elaborate the kernel space of the project by matching the main objectives of the meta-OS. Within the main tasks related with this work, the technical objectives are:
• Implement a “by design” Secure Execution Environment (SEE) enabling microservices and unikernels offloading.
• Introduce a PRESS and policy enforcement framework covering Privacy, Ethical, Security and Societal concerns.
• Analyse and realize Cybersecurity extensions and federated Digital Identity attestation following GAIA-X.
• AI-based meta-Orchestrator.
On behalf, Atos' role is to implement the AI-based meta-Orchestrator by leading the T3.4. This task implements an intelligent open source meta-Orchestrator able to explore the decentralization and distribution of computing workflow over the IoT-to-edge-to-cloud continuum.