The PHOENIX approach focuses on the protection of the European end-to-end EPES (Electrical Power and Energy System) (from energy production to presumption) via the prevention, early detection and fast mitigation of cyber-attacks against EPES assets and networks and from (intentional and unintentional, internal and external) human activities, while protecting the utilities and end-users’ privacy from data breaches by design.
Expected results consider a holistic EPES security & privacy protection framework, including:
- 5G/ inter-DLT secure & traceable communications
- Situation Awareness, Perception & Comprehension based on privacy-preserving federated ML/zero-knowledge verification
- Traceable/near-real-time synchronized incidents information sharing platform (I2SP)
- GDPR Privacy Protection Toolkit
- Innovative Security & Privacy as a service business model
- Certification methodology and procedures (targeting TRL 7-8).
Atos provides its experience in Privacy (especially related to the blockchain) and in Machine Learning aspects related to the detection of cyber-attacks against EPES infrastructure.