Secure identity and privacy technologies for a safe digital society
Our mission focuses on the provision of key enablers for trust, privacy and security -including secure and user-centric identity management schemes, distributed ledger-based solutions and trust-enabling services- enabling interoperability across domains and borders over heterogeneous digital services value chains, in compliance with regulatory frameworks such as GDPR, eIDAS, NIS, SDGR, among others. By placing people at the centre of research and technology, we focus on developing reliable assets and trustworthy solutions suitable for Atos customers in different vertical markets, fostering competitive advantages in an increasingly complex and distributed environment with multiple state-of-art technologies.
The Blockchain, Identity and Privacy Unit acts as a reference point and provides resources, technical support, and advice to a wide range of research and innovation initiatives related to the technologies under its scope, be it research on the technologies themselves, improvements, linking with other technologies, or research about applications in specific vertical markets, across domains, or in relation to other technologies or solutions.
In a context of increased cyber threats, including different forms of identity-related crimes, we allow to efficiently protect who and what we are, addressing -in all aspects of life involving ICT and online services- fundamental human rights and freedoms including the right to personal data protection. From the viewpoint of one of the world's leading cybersecurity companies, we approach technological development in this field from 3 complementary perspectives:
- Secure Digital Society: In full alignment with European policy on cybersecurity and the development of the Digital Single Market and its key instruments (i.e. the Single Digital Gateway), secure identity, distributed ledgers and privacy technologies are delivered as key enablers of Trust for citizens, to interact safely, and for businesses, addressing Digital Transformation / Industry 4.0.
- Fundamental rights acquired from digitisation: technological development in full alignment with European policy on cybersecurity and the development of the Digital Single Market and its key instruments. In a context of increased cyber threats and identity-related crimes, we allow to efficiently protect who and what we are, applying self-sovereign paradigms and addressing fundamental human rights and freedoms including the right to personal data protection.
- Business competitive advantage: both the assurance of identity data security and advanced privacy protection create key competitive advantage for Atos and for our public and private partners. Our competitive advantage is based on having in focus both end-user and customer concerns in this regard and the existing threats which create social alarm and hamper trust in eServices of global digital markets and ICT systems in general.
We work with a wide range of end-users who have validated over time our solutions in several different areas:
- Cross-border and cross-sectoral identity management for digital public and private services (and which has been the basis of highly influential Regulations such as eIDAS)
- Highly secure sensitive data assets protection in eHealth
- Unique capabilities and know-how in smart border control management
- Use of Blockchain technologies for distributed/decentralized applications, Smart Contracts for advanced governance and automation and secure transactions with transparency, immutability and non-repudiation
- User-centric identity management solutions are valid both for mobile and cloud-based environments
Our unique selling proposition focuses on electronic identity management and advanced personal data protection solutions where we act as technology providers, integrators, and consultants for verticals in public and private sectors.