Unveiling the AIaaS paradigm
Our mission is to contribute to the digital transformation of Atos customers through the development of innovative services and applications based on value-driven trustworthy Artificial Intelligence and BigData technologies. Our research roadmap is guided by a human-centric, ethical and trustworthy approach that is fully aligned with fundamental European values. We aim also to facilitate access to specialized hardware and software resources and their management, creating and adapting new tools and platforms able to use modern paradigms leveraging the computing continuum to produce more efficient and greener applications.
Our vision is to better capture, control and process Big Data and to enable the development of advanced and trustworthy Artificial Intelligence state of the art technologies thanks to large scale computing solutions spanning the complete continuum. The value of data is also exploited thanks to the creation of platforms to unveil the Artificial Intelligence as a Service (AIaaS) and Machine Learning Operations (MLOps) paradigms that abstract the complexity of distributed and heterogeneous infrastructures. Machine Learning and analytics require data and nowadays it is not possible anymore to rely just on the information gathered from a single company. There is a real need to create trustworthy industrial ecosystems where data can be shared securely and the concept of Data Space emerges to give a solution to this problem. This is something that is already happening in applications like the balance of energy grids, the optimisation of mobility within cities or the creation of circular economy flows. The creation of these data spaces will contribute to creating more powerful applications.
The expertise of our team makes it possible to cover areas including Machine Learning, knowledge representation and reasoning, search and optimisation, planning, multi-agent systems, NLP, ethics, legal and social issues. Our Unit provides a unique point of contact with the R&D carried out in the AI, BigData and HPC fields in Europe through our participation in the many projects funded under the umbrella of the BDV PPP, engagement with the Big Data Value Association (BDVA), and the European AI on-demand platform.
The team is working on the following key assets:
- Secure, fair and sovereign Big Data sharing through the creation of Common Data Spaces following the vision of reference initiatives like the International Data Spaces Association (IDSA) and GAIA-X.
- End-to-end data management platforms based on workflows and pipelines in the computing continuum.
- Data analytics and AIaaS platforms that cover the complete life cycle of Machine Learning models (MLOps) to guarantee trustworthiness, reproducibility, robustness and energy efficiency.
- Orchestration of AI and data-driven solutions.
- AI-based anomaly detection.
- Vertical applications and services powered by trustworthy AI and BigData technologies, e.g., personalized medicine, connected vehicles.